Mozilla: the roads not taken

Just part of a whole round of ‘Dino’ experiments

There’s an interesting online discussion on Mozilla’s project blog of the various twists and turns of the rebrand we have recently carried out together.

It features quite a few of the explored, yet rejected routes, plus several of the working ideas that led us slowly to the final route. There are a few quick glimpses below of that work – go here to read the full story.

How we started to use copylines next to the mark
Another idea we tried: basing the identity on the ‘selection’ of a word
Looking at ways to give the type block a bit more oomph

 

An early experiment at combining logo and image
The beginnings of what became the final route